We are the exclusive New Zealand Authorised Service Centre for Obaku watches and
undertake all warranty and non-warranty work on site by our qualified watchmakers.
Your Obaku watch is covered by a 2-Year International Warranty.
If your Obaku watch needs warranty service or non-warranty service, we recommend completing the steps below.
- Download and fill out the Service Request Form.
- Pack your watch securely in a signature required courier pack. Do not include your original watch box or packaging. Enclose the service request form in the package along with your filled out warranty card. Failure to enclose your warranty card may result in charges being incurred.
- Ship your package to us (see address below). We recommend keeping note of your tracking number and ensure your details are filled out in the "Sender Information" on the back of the package. Pilbrows Watch & Clock Restorations is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
- We will email you when we receive your package and enter your repair order into our system. It will then take a few days to assess your repair before your watch is serviced. You will be notified about any costs that are not covered by warranty.
- Upon completion we will contact you confirming return shipping details and with payment information (if applicable).
19 Tamamutu Street
As the gaskets have a limited lifespan, we recommend that you do not wear your watch in the shower. Powerful water jets hitting the push-pieces or crowns could cause water ingress. We recommend that you have the water resistance of your watch checked every two years. If you live in an area where the climate is particularly humid, we recommend checking the water resistance more frequently.
Obaku creates timeless design watches inspired from minimalism and simplicity. The inspiration behind all Obaku watches comes from the classic Danish design tradition combined with the Asian Zen Philosophy that focuses on the essential things in life. It might seem difficult to blend traditions that originate thousands of kilometres apart, but thanks to our designers Obaku has created designs where Nordic and Asian design idioms meet.
Obaku's origin is a story about a Danish entrepreneur with a great respect and appreciation for the Danish design heritage, meeting a Chinese woman who, through the tradition of Chinese culture, had a unique understanding and love for the Zen philosophy.
This happened more than thirty five years ago, when the two met and realised they shared a strong passion for watches, traditions, and design. It wasn't long before they produced their first watch, soon thereafter starting an internationally renowned watch manufacturing company that continues to flourish.
After twenty seven years of manufacturing watches for some of the best known brands in the world, the pair decided to launch their own brand, Obaku in 2007. Obaku would pay tribute to and take inspiration from the culture and design traditions of the Danish and Chinese culture, combining the classic Danish minimalist look with the cleanness and simplicity of Zen.
All Obaku watches are timeless and will stand the test of time. The designs strives to offer affordable luxury using both luxurious materials and unique designs with attention to the details, and representing the sheer beauty of a great design.